We feel an enormous sense of responsibility and privilege to be entrusted with the formative education of our youngest pupils aged 4 to 11. On our beautiful and expansive campus, steeped in rich traditions, your child will embark on their educational journey as part of a happy and supportive family.
Our nurturing environment and outstanding pastoral care will allow each child to grow in confidence and discover their potential by trying new things and building their love of learning. Pupils will reap the benefits of being part of a tight-knit community who want the best for each other.
By providing a real breadth of opportunity we believe we can create the brightest futures for our pupils. At BKH Preparatory School we will focus on inspiring your child within a thriving prep school atmosphere in which they will be:
- Nurtured by a dedicated and driven team who know and believe in them as individuals
- Challenged to be the best they can be – in the classroom, in their co-curricular activities and in their community
- Invited to pursue their interests across a rich and diverse curriculum
- Supported by first-class sporting, computing and arts facilities
As an all-through school we can promise that the caring and inspiring school culture they experience in their younger years will continue to surround your child when they move onto the senior campus. Our smooth transition between phases will allow your child to continue to grow and thrive in a familiar and stimulating environment.
- Well-equipped and versatile main hall, a focal point of school life used for productions, concerts and assemblies to which families are invited
- Fully-equipped science labs
- Dedicated Home Economics classrooms
- Industry-standard DT rooms
- Two libraries featuring a huge range of fiction and non-fiction titles and a bank of computers
- Dedicated, covered, Reception play area
- 25m indoor swimming pool
- Purpose-built gym with 25m climbing wall and indoor cricket nets
- Extensive green fields for rugby, football, cricket and rounders
- Synthetic turf hockey pitch
- Three netball courts
- Outdoor gym
- Arts centre with facilities to work on sculpture, fine art and textiles
- Grand school hall with specialist AV equipment, balcony and tiered seating for up to 700 people
- Fully-equipped photography suite
- Dedicated dance studio
- Studio for drama and small concerts
- Six instrumental practice rooms
OUR CO-CURRICULAR PROGRAMME
In addition to enjoying first-class facilities, your child will also have the chance to immerse themselves in a diverse programme of co-curricular activities encompassing everything from overseas trips, debating, biathlon training and drama through to learning Mandarin, Punjabi, cooking, yoga and sign language.
We are also huge believers in the importance of instilling a sense of community and active citizenship from an early age. Throughout their time at BKH Preparatory School, our pupils will be encouraged to make a positive contribution to their local community, to the city of Coventry and the wider world. Opportunities will include serving on our active School Council, taking part in charity initiatives or becoming a playground monitor to ensure that no child is ever left out of our BKHS family.