At our BKHS Senior School for 11 to 18 year olds we will be unashamedly ambitious:
- Ambitious in encouraging our pupils to strive for academic excellence
- Ambitious in expecting only the highest standards of kindness, respect and tolerance in our school community and beyond
- Ambitious in our example we set as teachers, leaders and mentors
- Ambitious in our scope of cultural, intellectual, sporting and community programmes
- And, ambitious in motivating our pupils to make a positive contribution wherever they are.
This aspirational culture will challenge and inspire pupils to aim high and equip them to lead exciting, rich and fulfilling lives that make a difference to society.
Key features of BKHS Senior School will include:
- A rich and diverse range of subject choices: A broad curriculum sits at the heart of the personalised education we will offer, enabling pupils to develop and excel in their unique talents
- A commitment to smaller class sizes: a maximum of 26 at GCSE and small tutorial groups at A Level – allowing us to provide a tailored educational experience that gives pupils the individual support they need to succeed
- First-class facilities: In grounds and buildings steeped in rich tradition, BKHS Senior School pupils will enjoy the very best that modern education can offer, from industry standard design and technology studios to expansive playing fields, a magnificent main hall, state of the art science labs, dedicated arts facilities, including a 200 seat theatre, and a standalone sixth form study space* (*launching in 2022)
- The highest quality pastoral care: Our senior school will have a warm sense of community. We are a family in which each pupil is understood, valued and supported through whatever challenges they may face, working with a staff team who are caring and committed to each individual’s happiness and wellbeing.
- The gateway to enriching experiences: At BKHS Senior School we will demonstrate that a senior education is about so much more than academic qualifications alone.
Our positive, nurturing and happy atmosphere will be one in which young people grow in confidence and empathy while developing vital life skills.
Our diverse programme of co-curricular activities will include a wide range of Performing Arts opportunities in dance, music and acting, through to traditional sports, martial arts, water polo, coding, robotics and animation clubs. The breadth of this offer will ensure senior pupils become fully rounded individuals with open minds, a broad range of interests and valuable experience of working as a team.
We will also provide pupils with a wealth of opportunities to demonstrate active citizenship and leadership through our charity and environmental work, combined with our prefect programme and nationally recognised schemes such as Duke of Edinburgh and Combined Cadet Force.